I love Bread! And if you say that you don’t, I don’t believe you! This artesian no knead bread is so easy to make and even more delicious to eat! It has a perfectly hard shell but is melt in your mouth soft inside. Every time I make it I just go ahead and make two loaves, One for us and one to give away! We had new neighbors move in this week and I thought it would be a nice way to introduce ourselves by bringing a loaf over! My favorite way to eat this bread is with honey or jam so I obviously have to bring over the whole package so they can have the full experience of this fresh baked surprise!
You only need one bowl and I don’t even have to take out my kitchen aid for this bread! That’s how simple it is! Plus, is there anything better than a home that smells like you just walked into a bakery? Volcano candle who?
You could also cut the dough in half and make smaller loafs for bread bowls. I have a round baker stone that I typically use for bread but you could also use a loaf pan. Whatever you have on hand will work just fine!
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon rapid rise or instant yeast
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1.5 C Hot tap water
Let’s make this thing!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine flour, yeast & salt
- Add 1.5 C. Water & stir until blended
- Cover Bowl with plastic wrap and let sit at room temp for 12-18 hours
- Prep Bread pan or stone with baking spray and flour
- Dust the dough in the bowl lightly with flour and fold the dough in itself 3-4 times
- Transfer dough from the bowl to the pan/stone and cover with a lid or towel for another hour
- Cover pan with a foil tent or if using a baking stone bake with lid on for 30 minutes
- Remove foil/lid and bake another five minutes
- Immediately transfer bread to cooling rack and let completely cool before cutting